Emerald Ridge Trail
- Westside Road Trails, Mount Rainier National Park
- $25 single vehicle fee
- For parking and current conditions, click here.
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Distance, round trip: Approximately 9 road miles + 7 trail miles = 16 miles
- Elevation gain: 2100 feet
- Hiking time, round trip: 8-9 hours
Emerald Ridge Trail is a 14 mile out and back trail located near Longmire, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking, July until September, with views of andesite at 1.5 into the trail. These hexagonal columns were formed during the cooling process after hot lava flowed through the valley thousands of years ago.
This week, Chatter Vulture of Peaks and Pints approved “Them Vultures” hiking group, hiked Emerald Ridge. Here are a few picks he snapped. …